Sunday, February 20, 2011

Olympic Snow Diving

I had a dream that didn't have much of a plot or story.  It was just me competing in this event in the Olympics called "Snow Diving", wherein you jump from a really tall platform that looked a lot like the ski ramps that are used for aerials, like so--


--except that they were completely vertical instead of sloped, and huge banks of snow were piled up against one side of them and then sculpted into perfect rectangles.  The point of the sport was to dive as perfectly and straightly as possible into the snow, and whoever dove the deepest before coming to a complete stop would win.

I dove off the platform into the snow, and it was such a vivid dream that I could feel the cold of the snow cutting through my gloves and making my fingers wet and numb, and I could hear the snow rushing past my ears as my body dove through it.  When I came to a stop, everything was still and dark and all the sounds of the outside world were muffled.  Eventually this machine that looked like something between a yellow dumptruck and one of those claws in the arcade games where you try to grab toys dug through the snow, picked me up, and set me down in this arena area.  I was trying to find my score to see if I won, but all the jumbotrons were playing some cartoon of a dancing balloon and a stick of bamboo that were alternately fucking each other and hiding from each other.  Everyone was too busy watching the cartoon to notice my dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment